Discover the domaine de bois chéri – the first tea plantation in mauritius dated back to 1892. the bois chéri offers a great panoramic view of the south of the island.
Each group will consist of 10 to 15 persons.
- Arrival at 9am at the Bois Chéri Tea Museum.
- A Typical Mauritian Breakfast
- Briefing by the field Leader
- The history of Bois Chéri Tea
- Detailed explanation on the tea picking/plucking.
- Handling over of the baskets
- Upon arrival at the plantations, the group will start picking tea leaves which will last approx. 20 minutes.
- Once the tea picking is done, we will go to L’Usine de Thé de Bois Chéri where all the basket will be weighed and the tea leaves verified. The winner will get a surprise Gift.
The initiates will discover the various steps involved in the making of tea-room the raw material to the finished good. Strong of this knowledge, the explorers will then taste the various teas and herbal teas of Bois Chéri, in a magnificent environment overlooking Le Lac des Cygnes du Domaine de Bois Chéri.
Lunch will then be served at Le Bois Chéri Restaurant.
Home made bread, Samosa, Cheese, Jam, exotic fruits, butter, tea biscuits.
Beverage Package (Bois Chéri tea, fruit juice Ochéri)
Welcoming Cocktail: Bois Chéri Ice Tea
Starter: Green Salad served with a tea dressing
Main Course: Chicken in a Bois Chéri green tea sauce or Grilled fish in a butter lemon sauce or Vegetable Kofta accompanied with parsley rice, lentils & tomato chutney.
Dessert: Bois Chéri tea sorbet
Beverage package: Ochéri
Prices per Person:
Current Price For Adult
: $ 65VAT Incl Our Offer : $ 58 VAT Incl.
Current Price For Children:
$ 33 VAT Incl. Our Offer : $ 29 VAT Incl. (Children under the age of 12)
Free Access: Children under the age of 5
All Reservations must be made in advance in order to make the necessary arrangements.